Are you looking for a rewarding leadership position with a small dynamic Ottawa charity that is dedicated to providing supportive housing for adults living with mental illness? Do you have strong people skills and a background in non-profit management? Ancoura is looking for a talented individual, like you, to join our organization and play an important role in our community.
Ancoura is a registered charity founded in 2007. We provide stable affordable homes and community support for adults living with mental illness. We currently operate seven homes with three residents in each and a team of visiting volunteers who provide residents friendship and support. We are a volunteer-based organization with a small professional staff. For more information, please visit: www.ancoura.ca
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager provides administration of daily operations; staff management; assistance with fundraising; board liaison; outreach with the community and public relations.
Office and Staff Management
- Oversees the daily operations of the organization
- Supervises staff, manages HR and staffing duties
- Oversees organization of activities (e.g. home moves, social events)
- Assists the Fundraising Committee in researching and writing grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government ministries / agencies
- Gives presentations to potential donors
- Seeks new fundraising opportunities
Outreach and Community Development
- Manages communications with members and the public
- Seeks and builds partnerships with other mental health and housing agencies, and key stakeholders
- As Ancoura ambassador, performs outreach to the larger community
Board of Directors Liaison
- Attends and reports at board meetings
- Prepares agenda
- Participates in executive committee meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business or a related field
- Five or more years of management experience (preferably in the non-profit sector)
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, multi-tasking, prioritizing
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate and engage with diverse volunteer and donor groups, and public speaking
- Proficient in computer programs
- Office location: 30 Cleary Ave, Ottawa, ON (free parking available)
- Hours: Part-time, 24 hrs/week.
- Flexible and telework options available.
- Overtime required including evenings and weekends
- Salary range: $30-35K per year
- Start: January 2019
- Please send resume and cover letter expressing why you are interested in apply to Linda Nesrallah at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: December 20, 2019
We thank everyone for applying – only selected candidate will be contacted.
Opportunity for a meaningful Volunteer experience as a Board Director
Ancoura is a registered, not-for-profit, charity in Ottawa that provides permanent, affordable housing, social supports and community for adults living with mental illness.
As a board member for Ancoura you will prepare for and actively participate at monthly board meetings, join a committee, participate in fundraising, and be an ambassador for Ancoura in the community.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience volunteering for a not-for profit organization as a board member or in a leadership role; fundraising and/or sales and marketing experience; and great communication skills. Legal experience is also an asset. Experience with the mental health community is an asset.
Time Commitment: The Board term is two years open to renewal.
Please reply by email with your CV and cover letter: email@example.com